Tuesday 9 October 2007

Oh...

Oh my goodness! Apparently I had signed up for Ravelry... and then promptly forgotten! So I'd never been checking where I was up to on the waiting list etc, because I didn't realise I was on it!! Then this evening, trawling through my junk mail folder I found an invite!!!! Craziness!! I spose I'd better say goodbye to that last sliver of time I had!!

In other news... I've signed up for the Southern Summer of Socks. Here are my personal goals for the KAL as posted on the SSS blog:

1)To knit my second pair of socks ever... from wool I've dyed myself (my first foray into dyeing - yay!)
2)Potentially knit my third pair of socks ever... from the very special 'purple trainwreck' colourway, hopefully coming my way from the lovely Julie, care of the lovely Bells!! These socks will definitely be for ME! (also a first...)

And... excitingly, I've finally finished the turtle walk socks!! What an incredibly satisfying feeling to have made my first pair of socks and have them turn out roughly the same size etc!! Sorry for the lack of photo... one coming soon!

3 comments:

Georgie said...

Woohoo! yay for Ravelry and extra yay for finished turtlewalk socks! Weel done!

Michelle said...

You're on Ravelry? Where? I'll have to track you down ...

Sorry to hear you have a cold. Stay warm and get better!

Denise said...

Congrats on both getting in to Ravelry, and your first pair of socks!! They're wonderful to wear (the socks, that is ;).