Thursday 18 October 2007

Hooray garden!

Everyone else's garden pics have inspired me to share some... The most exciting thing in our garden is asparagus that after two years is finally big enough to eat... but asparagus is very difficult for the camera to focus on.... so there is no photographic evidence!


I'm so proud of my thyme bush that I nurtured from a seed and managed to keep alive!!

Wisteria... along with jasmine, daphne and jonquils is my favourite smelling flower!

All of our lovely seedlings... not supposed to plant the tomatoes in the ground til after Melbourne cup right? The big lanky thing is Mr Purl's hops plant for his homebrew!

And in non garden-related news... here is an early stage of my pressie for E's new baby... due in a couple of weeks!! (I'm slightly further along now...) Can't say what it is incase E is reading... but it's probably obvious anyway! The crochet is fun... but not as therapeutic as knitting I think. I'm really enjoying the Bendigo cotton though!
Hugs to you all... I'm thinking of you... even if I've been a bit absent!

6 comments:

Taphophile said...

You have asparagus! Divine. Asparagus, strawberries and a hop plant - can I move in? ;)

The Dude said...

Looking good!

Bells said...

Oh I want to see your asparagus! Can you try and photograph it anyway?

Way impressed that you grew thyme from a seed. I think that's one of the ones that's supposed to be challenging!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the smell of daphne too - and jonquils and wisteria - we have all those as well.

I also love yellow roses, jasmine and magnolia. Gorgeous - Spring is so lovely.

Denise said...

I have a pet thyme bush too, although can't claim to have raised it from seed - very impressive!

Cute crochet project (squeak) :)

Michelle said...

Great garden you have there! I miss my wisteria from the old house - may just have to plant some here.