Saturday 14 July 2007

What a night!

Wow. It's been a great (if long) night! Knit1Blog1 is fantastic!! I'm so impressed with all the beautiful work, and particularly with how well it's displayed. So many of these garments are absolute works of art, but I think sometimes we don't think of them like that, so it's so lovely to have them displayed as artworks! My favourite pieces would have to be Bells purple monkey socks, and Spidey's gorgeous green cashmere shawl with the tiny beads (which she assured us we could touch as much as we liked!) Was nice to see some familiar faces there from my first night at SnB! Thanx for the wool and needles advice Spidey!! Knitting on 2.75mm needles will be a new experience for me... but then I see the Sherpa's tiny little cabled cushions, and I feel better!

Then I went on to Gorman House to kill time while waiting for Rat Patrol to make their way into town. There was some really interesting art going on there... including this:

Looks like fun. That's spreadable marshmallow from a jar that the weet-bix are stuck together with!!

Then once I'd finally caught up with the rest of the bikes (who hadn't made it more than a km from our house in four hours!) we dropped past the Merry Muse, then a random house party... and then home. Craziness!

(That's my little bike at the front)

Once again... I'm in danger of losing a digit to frostbite, so time for bed!!

3 comments:

Bells said...

Oh hello! I've never seen your blog before. It's lovely. I'm glad you liked my socks. There was really so much beautiful stuff there and yes, Spidey's shawls were just stunning.

ps I'm rather a fan of purple too. :-)

Knit1 Blog1 said...

Hi Neet,

Thakns for coming to the KNit1Blog1 opening. It was great fun and really wonderful to see all the knitters/bloggers en masse.

glad you caught spread - it wsa a fun performance those girls crack me up.

Definitely a frost bite night, glad to see the small bike got you home without too much damage!

Michelle said...

Hi Neet! I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you the other night, but there were so many people there!

Hopefully see you at a SnB one day - I'm going to one today (my first!)