Thursday 28 June 2007

Shruggy

Here's a progress pic of the shrug I'm making for Mum. I'm making it with Lincraft 'Winter Warmth' wool. I can't get over how delicate and soft it feels! Definitely pleased so far! :) It's basically just a big rectangle, then you sew the arms up and do lots of crochet around the edges. (quite suitable for my skill level!!)
I've been giddily exploring the multitude of Canberran knitting blogs out there! You guys are super impressive!! I feel a bit intimidated... seeing as I'm a very new (and slow) knitter. But I figure writing a blog will keep me motivated to keep up the pace!! (plus, there are just so many things I want to make, and not enough time at all!!) But I look forward to getting along to SnB soon and meeting you all!

We had a great turnout at our Knit 'n Talk Sh!t night on Tuesday. 9 of us!! That's gotta be a record!! A big thanx to E for the yummy dinner :)

Just got in from one of the best movies I've seen in a long while. "As it is in Heaven" - I think it was Danish. It's showing at Dendy... a real 'heart toucher'!! Some incredible characters... I'm not really doing it justice... just go and see it!!
Well... the fire's died down, and my toes are going to fall off if I sit here much longer! Night!

No comments: