Monday 25 June 2007

Here goes...

Time to welcome this little blog to the world!! Unfortunately I can't post a photo just now, as Mr Purl has taken off for the day with the camera, AND the scarf I want to photograph! So more on that later I spose!!
I can tell you about the picture in the title bar though! It's of one of two balls of gorgeous hand-spun, hand-dyed yarn I bought from a gorgeous little community arts shop, the Purple Paddock, in Keith, South Australia! I haven't knitted anything with handspun wool before... and am not entirely sure what to knit... but seeing as there's only two balls, it will probably end up as a beanie. Probably for me (as I can't assume everyone else likes purple as much as I do). Maybe a 'sampler' beanie... trying-out new stitches and patterns?? I'll keep you up to date... but that one's a few projects down the list after Mum's long awaited shrug and a very cute purple bunny!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done on joining the world of bloggers! Can't wait to see what you knit that gorgeous purple yarn into. It looks delicious.

I was very inspired by meeting everyone last night, and am really keen to try dying some yarn so I checked out happy spider. It seems we've been stamped down in public record as being stitch and bitchers now! http://happyspider6.blogspot.com/

Have a great weekend - maybe we'll get to see a bit of the boys for a change! Just maybe that is...

hugs!