Friday 3 August 2007

Cotton-wool-head

I've been struck by the dreaded lurgy that's going around... makes me feel like I'm thinking through cotton wool. One of my workmates is medicating me with whole cumquats, which are apparently supposed to heal everything. You eat the skin and everything - incredibly bitter! I was completely bummed not to make it to SnB last night... but I was comatose and curled around a hot water bottle. The lovely Mr. Purl whipped-up some yummy fruit salad which definitely helped!!

Knit and Talk Sh!t on Wednesday night was great! A big thanx to S, E and J for the yummy roast and curry! They needed two dinners to feed the 11 people that showed up!! And, for the first time ever we had 3 boys knitting with us! Yay for the boys. I tried to get some work done on my turtle walk socks... but a couple of newbies including one of the boys needed to be taught to knit, so I did that instead (pleased to be able to infect more people with the joy of knitting!). I only got one row (!) done on the socks in the end. But enough to remind me how lovely they are to knit! I'm really enjoying the small needles and gorgeous hand dyed wool!

And in (very funky) randomness that I found here:

1 comment:

Denise said...

Hope you're feeling better quick smart. I'm pretty cotton wooly too at the moment, but being slef-employed I just sort of plonk myself in front of the computer and try to make myself work (when I probably *should* be in bed).

I don't know if I'd try the whole cumquats treatment - maybe it's so bad that your body goes 'Right, I'm going to get better DAMN fast if you're going to keep feeding me these things!"

Your Knit and Talk Sh!t night sounds lovely - with boys knitting and all! Well done :)