Monday 2 June 2008

Reflection

Well... seeing as it's been about two months between posts, apparently I'm just not blogging! Part of the reason is that I'm far more interested in reading everyone else's blogs than actually updating my own. And the other reason is I just can't seem to find the time in amongst everything else! I suppose when I look at the things in my life that are really important to me, blogging isn't coming out anywhere near the top. (which is fairly evident from the complete lack of activity on my blog).
And the silly thing is I have a lot of guilt about not posting... not sure where that comes from? And then because I'm feeling guilty, I'll put off posting even longer!! So it seems like one solution to not feeling this guilt would be just to scrap my blog all together... but some part of me just wants to hang on to it... to know that it's still there. The thing is, if I find I do have something I want to say, I like the idea of having somewhere to say it!! And I really do enjoy being a part of this knit blogging community!
Hmm... so I think I will keep it around, but remove myself from the blog rings etc, where you're actually required to post at a certain interval. And I'll ask everyone to forgive me in advance for my incredibly sporadic posting! Or maybe it's just me that needs to accept my sporadic posting, and everyone else is already OK with it!?

Anyway... that's probably enough introspection for you, so here are some photos...

Last month, there was a freaky cold snap and it snowed in the Brindabellas. I got home from work on a Monday night to Mr Purl and T & H saying "we're going to the snow!" I thought... that's nice... thinking they were just telling me about their own intention to go to the snow... not realising that it involved me! They had all my snow gear ready for me, and within about 5 minutes we were on our way up to the mountains. We drove as far as we could... played in the snow, then had a yummy dinner in the Bulls Head stone shelter where T & H had gotten married almost a year ago! (time flies!) What an incredible way to spend a Monday night!!



As a very early wedding present, Mum and Dad gave us a new fridge. We've been incredibly overdue for a decent fridge as you can see from the before and after photos: (notice the broken top shelf, serious lack of space and the metal bars Mr Purl had welded for the front of the shelves in the door after the chintzy plastic broke!!)


A little poetry...


1 comment:

Michelle said...

Welcome back! Don't feel bad about not blogging, although we have missed you!

Have you had your wedding yet? I suppose I need to read your other posts ;-)