Sunday 9 September 2007

Ramblings sans photos

My lack of blogging time continues! Again, I've probably only been on the computer twice in as many weeks!! But hey... I'm going to embrace blogging without obligation!! And, I have had some good knitting time, which has been lovely! I've turned the heel of the first turtle walk sock!!! What a thrill!! I've even done some extreme knitting... (photos to come soon!!)

This weekend I'm in Melbourne, celebrating the 40th birthdays of three very close friends. It's been a stunning sunny weekend! Wonderful... except whilst packing in Canberra's chilly weather, it didn't occur to me to pack any t-shirts or anything!! Ah well! We've had a great time... slightly sore heads this morning! Heading into St Kilda for some breakfast :)

Things are going well at work... it's becoming less tiring, and is good fun. On the other hand, it's also nice to know that it's only for 4 months! AND I just found out that one of my workmates owns alpacas!! Ooohhh...

Ooh... and in Stash news... (who would've thought that I could have already accumulated a stash at this early stage in my knitting career?!), I've employed Rose Red's Standard of Stash Systemisation!! Photos to follow of that too, and of my dyeing exploits with H. Fun fun!!!

4 comments:

Bells said...

oh RoseRed's system is a good one! Good work!

i wish I knew someone who owned alpacas.

Taphophile said...

I love the Blogging Without Obligation! I was thinking dark thoughts about blogging just minutes before reading your post. Thank you.

Look forward to photos of your extreme knitting. :)

Georgie said...

Sounds like a lovely rejeuvenating weekend in melbourne.

RRSSS....extreme knitting...turned heels - so many exciting things!

Denise said...

I really like the Blogging without Obligation thing too, have just added the button and link to my blog. Now we just need a 'Commenting without Obligation' and we'll be set! LOL :)

Glad your work is settling in now, and not so exhausting.

A weekend in Melbourne - lovely! Hope you've travelled by air and didn't have to drive all that way! And congrats on the turned heel - no holding you back now!!